Wednesday was the last day of school for student at my school and Thursday was the last day for us teachers. Usually I am fairly busy at this time of year, but this year has been far worse. After twelve years in my current position, I decided to move to the middle school. There was a library position that opened up there and after pondering whether the move was right or not, I decided to go for it. So, I packed up (although I'm not done yet) twelve years of stuff I had acquired. In the middle school I won't be scheduled to teach all day every day, so some of the cute elementary things I have, I had to part with. And that was rough.
I'm sure I'll write more about the job change at some point. It has taken up a lot of my thinking time and certainly affected my reading time.
However, I did find some things online I liked this week:
1. Women's New Balance For JCrew - I like the style of these and I also like that they are gold. Still holding off on ordering them for now....but we'll see how long the willpower lasts.
2. Sperry Seaside Metallic Slip-on Sneaker - I must be liking shiny footwear this week.
3. Leather Slip On Sneakers- the Gap also has a version
4. Bold Broad Capri - I've cycled through the same workout wear for a while now. I find pants I like but never actually spend the money. I do like these,though.
5. Stripe Fringe Scarf - and this summery, colorful scarf would go with a lot of different things...
6. Cosby Unraveled - as the Bill Cosby trial takes place, this podcast starts by giving information on Cosby's childhood, excerpts from different interviews he has given, and also how the trial is unfolding. I like listening to it, but having grown up with Cosby's Fat Albert and The Cosby Show, I am saddened by how he conducted himself in his personal life and how that has tarnished a brilliant career.
So how about you? What's caught your eye this week?