Wednesday, May 10, 2017

TLC Book Tour: Novel Destinations

Novel Destinations is a delight for book loving people.  I will be placing it on my coffee table as a permanent selection for perusing. 




I loved looking through this book, seeing the many places I would love to visit someday.  Schmidt and Rendon include literary places in the United States and Europe, giving a wide variety of locales to add to anyone's travel itinerary.  

However, this is more than just a mere listing of fantastic literary vacation destinations. Each location named also has a paragraph or more dedicated to describing what is offered and why it is an important book-ish destination.  

I could easily plan the rest of my life's vacations just using this book as a resource because it is full of fantastic literary destinations.  The one drawback I found is that it works better for me as something to browse. There is an index by locale that does help with trying to look things up by location if planning a trip, but otherwise the organization of Novel Destination seems a bit haphazard.

Overall, this is a fascinating book, and a great resource for bibliophiles, armchair travelers, and those planning their next great adventure.


Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for my review. All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.





For more information visit the National Geographic Store.

1 comment:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

If I saw this book on someone's coffee table I'd know I'd found a kindred spirit. :)

Thanks for being a part of the tour!