Thursday, March 30, 2017

Five Star Picture Book: We're All Wonders

I don't review pictures books individually very often anymore. Usually, I have a whole group of them centered on a theme or some such thing. However, We're All Wonders by RJ Palacio deserves a post of it's own.






Maybe it's because I read Wonder when it first came out and fell in love with it. And since then I have read it to groups of students and they have fallen in love with it.  But, I was so excited to see (months ago, mind you) that a picture book about Auggie was in the works.

It arrived on my doostep on Tuesday, the day it was published. And already yesterday I had shared it with students at school. And they loved it.

This is a great book that talks about differences in appearances, what it feels like to be made fun of, or laughed at because of how you look, and finally, how we are all wonders - special and unique.

Palacio can add illustrating to her list of accomplishments as well. The pictures are fantastic and I had good discussions with students about each page as we read.

A must read book with a powerful message.  We're All Wonders is Wonderful!

No comments: