Monday, November 7, 2016

New (To Me) Bookish Podcasts

I've been struggling for a while with finding some podcasts to replace Books on the Nightstand which stopped this past summer.  I loved, loved, loved Michael Kindness and Ann Kingman so much and was seriously disappointed when their podcast ended.

In the past few months I've found a few new podcasts that I can't wait to listen to each week.


 From the Front Porch is a fun podcast with bookstore owner, Annie Jones and bookseller Chris Jensen who talk about books each week. I love their monthly recap and am having a great time listening to older episodes.





Books Between is a new-ish podcast hosted by Corrina Allen, a fifth grade teacher, who focuses primarily on middle grade books and how to get kids to read more.  I've enjoyed listening to her podcast which reaffirms my own belief in the importance of getting kids to love reading.




I'm still loving Anne Bogel's What Should I Read Next where Anne interviews a guest each week. She finds out three books they love, one book they hate, and what they are currently reading.  Anne then suggests three books for her guest to read based on what she has learned from their conversation.




And, lastly, I tune in every week to All The Books with Liberty and Rebecca as they share new books out each week. My taste isn't exactly the same as theirs, but I do enjoy their show and continue to add to my TBR with recommendations.

These four podcasts certainly keep a listener in books. However, even though I'm not about to run out anytime soon, I'd love to know about more book-ish podcasts.  So, recommendations, please!

No comments: