Monday, June 27, 2016

A Family of Readers

I've been reading to my girls ever since they were born. As they've gotten older it's been interesting to see what they choose to read on their own - and how different their tastes are.

Right now because we are on summer vacation and have some extra time, everyone has been enjoying some reading.





Big Sister - A Young People's History of the United States: Columbus to the War On Terror by Howard Zinn has been taking up Big Sister's reading time. She is a person who loves non-fiction and history.  We've had some good discussions about Zinn's book and I'm anxious to keep talking about this one with her.




Middle Sister- Pretty Little Liars series- I seriously think Middle Sister has had one of these books in her hand all summer long.  She is loving them.  She is also addicted to the television series and has noted there are many differences between the two.





Little Sister- On her own, Little Sister has been flying through the Thea Stilton series. I've bought a few used copies for her from Amazon. Together, we just finished up Jacky Ha-Ha by James Patterson. I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would and was surprised by how fun it was.



Finding a picture of my husband might take forever....so I'll just share his latest read. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn is one I recommended to him. He rarely takes my recommendations, preferring instead to look through our many stacks of books and do his own picking.  However, he did finally agree to read this one. He'll never admit to being surprised by a plot twist, but after he told me initially how he thought this would unfold, I believe he was truly surprised.

No comments: