Monday, May 2, 2016

In A Dark, Dark Wood

I had this novel sitting on my TBR stack for quite a while before I cracked it open.  Once I did I could barely put it down, finding myself racing to the end.

Psychological thrillers have been the in genre ever since Gone Girl, and I have read several of them, noting that some are better than others.

This one ranks right up there with Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson.




Nora has been invited to a hen party (or what we call a bachelorette party here in the US) by Flo who is organizing the weekend for their mutual friend, Clare.  Nora thinks about sending her regrets, but when she emails another friend, Nina, the two agree to go. 

The weekend takes place in a remote wooded home which sets the stage for some creepy things to occur.  Nora and Nina almost instantly regret coming for the weekend, and tracks in the snow, a downed phone line, and a possible break in all add to the mystery and suspense.

I loved how fast paced this was and the twists that Ruth Ware had in store for the reader.  I can't wait for her next novel to be published.

No comments: