Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday Salon: Relaxing and Recovering




I only worked one day last week: Friday.  I spent four days at home sick with what turned out to be walking pneumonia.  I am still tired out, and have attempted exercising this weekend for just very short spans of time.  

Luckily we only had a few scheduled things for the weekend.  Yesterday we had soccer games in the afternoon and today we had church in the morning.  I also managed to get groceries for the week.  

Now I need to think about the schedule for the week. Big Sister has two track meets.  Plus there are soccer practices, softball practices, Lego League and piano lessons which we need to work around, so there is some thought that needs to be given to who to pick up when, and where the other parent needs to be for another child/children.  Thank goodness grandmothers live close and help out when we need to be three places at the same time.  

I have book club this week which I am looking forward to. We are discussing Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee. I am finding it hard to think of it as a stand-alone novel (which it is) because of my previous experiences with To Kill A Mockingbird.  I'm not done yet, but I need to think through this one a little bit, and wish I still had enough time to read To Kill A Mockingbird again. (This is what happens when I wait until the weekend before book club to even start the book).  

I am looking forward to feeling better and more energetic this week. It was a long week of napping and lying around.  I did do a bit of reading, but didn't feel good enough to watch TV or do much of anything.  

How was your weekend? 


No comments: