Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Marriage Pact

The Marriage Pact by M.J. Pullen is a book I had never heard of before, although it appears that this is a republished title from 2011.





I'm sorry I missed it back then, but I'm glad I managed to hear about it now- and I am even more excited to see that this is the first in a trilogy, each featuring a different friend who is dealing with something in their lives- and that the other two books are also already published, which means I won't have to wait to read them.

Marci is still trying to get her life together. She's just celebrated her thirtieth birthday, is working a temp job, and is dating her boss, who happens to be married.

This isn't at all what Marci envisioned for her life at this point, and as her family prepares for her younger sister's wedding, she despairs even more over the status of her life.

And then Jake, who is her best friend from college, reminds her of the marriage pact they made a decade ago: they would marry each other if they were still single at age 30. 

The story goes back to the time when Jake and Marci met in college, and returns to the present as Marci continues to wish for her married boyfriend to leave his wife.

This story is predictable, but still a good read. I loved the love story and romance in it, and I was OK with knowing how things would end.

The Marriage Pact is for those who love Emily Giffin or Jane Green, and I am hoping that this republication of it will get this book (and the ones that follow it) more publicity. 


1 comment:

Marce said...

This seems like it would be sad at times also. I feel like I know the ending also but these books you kind of know that going in I guess.