Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sunday Salon: The First Week in 2016



I've taken a few weeks off from posting anything on Sunday, but now that I start back to school again tomorrow, I am trying to return to the normal routine.

And a healthy diet. 

These past few weeks have been full of good food, which has been enjoyable until I think about wearing real clothes to work and not sweatpants to hang out at home.

Just a few events that kept us busy over break: 




  • my brother-in-law and his wife and daughter visiting for ten days
  • a trip with cousins to see The Good Dinosaur
  • taking the girls ice skating with friends
  • hair cuts for everyone
  • shopping after Christmas and getting some great deals
  • a lot of reading
  • Downton Abbey watching - we are finally done with season 2
  • cleaning our downstairs more thoroughly than I have in several years


I did some grocery shopping yesterday and a little meal prepping today.  Later I will take the girls and the middle school church youth group to play volleyball for a while.  The Packers play at 7:30 tonight, which is a big deal in our house.

I still need to plan my lessons for the week. It will be difficult to get back in the routine - at least this first week- but I am excited to have a schedule.  

I hope you are enjoying your weekend and the start of 2016!

No comments: