Monday, December 7, 2015

What I'm Reading Aloud To Kids

I've ordered new books this year and have enjoyed reading several to groups of kids while our book fair was going on.  The library was pretty well overtaken by the book fair and the one thing I felt like I could still do was provide some great read alouds to the students.  These are three of my favorites.





Night Animals by Gianna Marino.  This was a great read aloud.  As the animals talk to each other, they become frightened of the night animals on the prowl. They  have to be reminded that they are night animals themselves.  My students loved this one.  It's a fast read- no more than 3 or 4 minutes, but very fun.




Ninja by Arree Chung.  Oh my goodness! This has been a true delight to read to students! I love reading about a young boy who ties his father's neck tie around his head and acts like a ninja.  And I especially like the part where I get to yell, "surprise," and scare my young students.  The wide eyed, open mouthed shock made reading this so much fun!




Friendshape by Amy Krouse Rosenthal.  Another delightful book by this go-to author of mine.  I always think that even though younger students enjoy her books, the older students really get her sense of humor.  


No comments: