Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday Salon: My Last Day of Freedom

Right now I am attempting to cobble together some lesson plans, getting ready for the first day of summer school tomorrow.



I am excited to see the kids and get into the swing of things. But, man!  School?! I feel out of practice.

Add to this the fact that my internet is down today and instead of writing lesson plans from my own home, I am at my mom's house, working as quickly as possible so that I can dig through my books to find the ones I need and then do a little bit of preparation after that at home where my supplies are.

It's hot this weekend.  I love it!  I ran nine miles on the treadmill yesterday, which is the furthest I've run in over a year.  I must be getting older or am more out of shape than I thought because I am definitely sore today.



Last week I finally got around to taking Big Sister to our local mom and pop cycling store, Europa Cycles, where we found this great Trek bike.  Now if I would get my bike fixed, we could hit the trails around our house.  I'm working on it.

Last night Middle Sister and Little Sister were surprised when my friend Robin's husband offered to take them up for a plane ride in his airplane.  Long ago my uncle would take me and my siblings up for plane rides.  When they landed they were gushing about how amazing it was to fly over our house and all the other landmarks they know.  They're already talking about when they can go again. Big Sister was a little more cautious and turned down the offer of a plane ride - for now.  I think after she saw how much fun her sisters had, she was a bit more intrigued.

In order to be ready for tomorrow, I still need to get to the grocery store and get things laid out and ready to go. 

Big Sister has cross country camp this week. And Middle Sister has volleyball camp.  Thank goodness for my mother and mother-in-law who can help out with transportation.

I'm hoping my computer is back up and running tomorrow.  This no technology thing is a hassle! 

Enjoy what's left of your weekend, everyone!


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Nine miles! That would kill me on a treadmill.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Summer School? What is the program? You have been so busy this week, cramming in a lot of fun before back to the classroom.

Ti said...

Did you teach summer school last year? I am thinking, no.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Have a great school year -- just so early...poor u.