Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Five And a Couple Extras



There are some weeks I can find too many great things to tell people about. This is one of those weeks.  So, instead of saving things for next Friday when I'm exhausted from my first week of being back at work, I'm adding on a few extra items today.  There's lots of great stuff I'm seeing online. Sigh.  It's too bad that there's always a price tag attached.




I feel like I own a dozen denim shirts, but they are the traditional blue denim.  This shirt is a bit different, but still looks as though it has that western feel to it.  I can think of lots of different ways to wear it already.


2. Women's Serendipity Cotton Ruffled Tank from Sahalie




A while ago I had seen a dress on Sahalie that looks much like this top, only longer.  That dress is still available, which means I might need to go back and look at it again, but as I was checking on it, I saw this cute tank.  A little dressier than most of what I have for summer, which would be nice when I do actually have somewhere to go.






I ordered myself a pair of white jeans a week ago and when I saw this top on the Gap website thought it would make the perfect thing to go with it.  It still says 'summer' to me, and since we can't wear anything sleeveless to work, I could get away with this top.


4.  Podcast Happier at Home with Gretchen Rubin




I'm still practicing my listening skills and audio books are hard for me, but I think I've got this podcast thing figured out.  Happier with Gretchen Rubin (and her sister Elizabeth) has been a great way to start my morning drive home from exercise class.  I've loved her books and these podcasts are just an extension of those and give some great ideas for making your life happy.






I'll admit that these aren't on my "want list" anymore since I bought myself a pair the other day. Along with the "no sleeveless shirt" rule at work, we also have the "no open toed shoe" rule.  As you can see, the toe is covered.  I might be pushing the envelope a bit on this one, but these sandals to abide by the rules and still let me feel like it's summer - which it officially is. The good part was that I got them off of the clearance rack at a local shoe store.


6.  Cinnamon Chex





I'm enjoying podcast listening - as are my girls now.  I introduced them to Big Mama and Boo Mama's podcast, The Big Boo Cast, which we have been listening to on our trips to and from the pool.  Big and Boo were discussing how great Cinnamon Chex cereal was on a past podcast, which caused us to veer off track and stop at Hy-Vee on our way home from Target just to pick up a box.  I'll agree that it's good, but Cinnamon Toast Crunch is still my favorite.

7.  Q B A Maze




And, as we are back to school shopping, I'm thinking ahead to Christmas.  The girls saw this yesterday and asked if it was possible to get this as a family gift - the price tag is $125, so too pricey for any one child if they are still hoping to get other things.  I love that they pick out toys that make you use your brain.

So that's it.....another Friday Five.  What's caught your eye this week?

3 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I'm a huge Keen fan and of several different styles. I do LOVE that $125 construction set, and can see kids and adults loving this a lot.

Can't believe u have to go back to school already. Hope it's a great school year.

Lisa said...

We have a smaller version of the maze thing. My kids played with it for ONE day. I really think you need that big one to be fun at all, so if you get it, get the big set. The small set is pretty boring.

Ti said...

I didn't find much this week. After a round of back to school shopping and paying for the senior fun pack (over $400 and doesn't even include a yearbook or prom) I am tapped out and ignoring anything online.