Friday, July 10, 2015

Five on Friday

Happy Friday, y'all! I've been working on my Friday Five post for a while now, but my computer is being uncooperative and I've had to drop kids off at soccer camp, and even managed to get in a work-out already. So, this post is a bit delayed.  However, better late than never, I always say.

So, here's a few things that have caught my eye this week:




 1. Stitch Fix







I've been hearing about Stitch Fix for a long time now, and even checked it out on line a while ago.  Finally I decided to test it out for myself.  The idea of having some clothing picked out and sent to my home - and especially that they were different and fresh ideas from what I always pick for myself - really appealed to me.  And I will say I was pleasantly surprised. I have heard that over time the items they send are better suited to you because they take your feedback and use it when selecting things for you next time. 



This is the shirt that I know I am keeping.  I like the print and fit, so this one is a no-brainer.

There are two more items I am still debating and two items that are going back.  
I liked this experience so much, I can hardly wait to schedule my next Stitch Fix!

2.  Novelty Crochet T-Shirt





I have been looking for a shirt to wear under nearly everything - something versatile.  This shirt is in the new Eddie Bauer catalog I just received.

3.  Mrs. Thinster's Cookies


I discovered these cookies a few weeks ago at Sam's Club when they were handing them out as samples.  And unfortunately I loved them.  Which means I have added yet another snack to avoid since I can't seem to stop myself from eating almost the huge Sam's size bag of them in a day.

4.  Athleta's Wick-It Hoodie Cover-Up

At first I thought this was more of a shirt-length thing from Athleta, but turns out, it's more of a swim suit cover-up, which is exactly what I wish I would have found months ago.  It's one sale now, along with lots of other great clothes on the Athleta site.

5.  Telestration



When we were in North Carolina and I was busy admiring my friend's kitchen gadgets, my girls were upstairs with her kids playing board games. And there were a few they fell in love with that I had never heard of.  One of those is Telestrations which I ordered from Amazon after we got home.  And thank goodness.  This week as I have babysat kids after soccer camp every day, Telestrations has been a lifesaver.  This is a great game for kids and adults. My husband found it hard not to participate as he relaxed on the couch when he got home form work and caught a bit of the game.  File this one away as a possible Christmas gift for your family.

And that's it.  My Friday Five....better late than never!  What's caught your eye this week?


No comments: