Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Salon


It's a snowy Sunday in Iowa, and this afternoon is our first attempt at even going outside.  It's windy with snow blowing everywhere. 

 Little Sister



Middle Sister


Big Sister

Although I spent a day at home sick this past week, I wouldn't turn down a late start tomorrow morning if the roads still aren't clear.  

I've been trying to get a few books finished up, and although it's Superbowl Sunday, the Green Bay Packers loss to the Seattle Seahawks has our family less than excited about the game.  I'm sure it will be turned on TV, but there is no big party for us.

Tomorrow is far more exciting than any Superbowl for me. I can't wait to see who wins the ALA Children's Book Awards.  Some years I have posted my favorites, but this year, I am really without any ideas.  I'll just wait to be surprised.

And speaking of surprises.....I have been working my way through Parenthood on Netflix. I'm still on season three, but have heard enough about the series finale to want to race right through to the end.  I love that show!

Here's hoping you're having a relaxing weekend!




3 comments:

Melissa F. said...

Definitely stay with "Parenthood" all the way through till the end! You'll be happy that you did. Such a great show.

Hope you're feeling better. We're getting your snow now here in Pittsburgh.

No big Super Bowl parties here, either.

Ti said...

We didn't have people over but man, we ate like we did.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

We got you snow last night and today 16" - so windy too. Cite pictures Tina.