Monday, May 26, 2014

The Julian Chapter

There are already a ton of review on The Julian Chapter posted on Amazon, but I'm still going to review this Kindle single since the novel it comes after has been such an important book that everyone that I've given it to remarks on it.

Julian isn't my favorite character to put it mildly. But, I did find it interesting to hear his perspective.  At first I didn't find him any more likeable than I had while reading Wonder. And his mother? Can't stand her.  But.....it is interesting to hear things from his point of view. And it is interesting to see him evolve a bit as a character.

By the end I no longer considered him nearly as creepy as I had in Wonder. I could feel a little bit for this bully and see how things that occurred in his life led him to behave as he did.  

And even if I don't like Julian a lot, I can also recognize that he is still a child and that he is learning and growing, too.  It will be interesting to see how Julian behave as an adult, the true test of whether or not he has learned and grown from the experiences he had with Auggie.

No comments: