Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Salon: Easter Edition

I have loved having this long Easter weekend off of work. 


The entry and stair tiling project is nearly complete, thanks to my husband.  This has been a very tedious, time consuming job, but it looks great.

Today we celebrated Easter at my mom's house after attending church.  A lot of food, a little archery, a ride on the four-wheeler, and an egg hunt outside rounded out the activities.

This is my niece blowing out the candles on her cake. Her big day is tomorrow, but we celebrated a bit today at my mom's.


Little Sister getting an archery lesson from my brother

Yesterday my in-laws took us out for supper at Old Chicago, where we enjoyed some good pizza.

I feel like I could skip eating for several days just to make up for all the junk I have eaten this past weekend. I am trying to talk myself into a run a bit later on the treadmill.

Reading has taken a back seat this weekend as we have enjoyed beautiful weather- finally- and still been cleaning, sorting, organizing, and getting ready for the Easter holiday.

I did manage to read an ARC of Chris Bohjalian's newest book and have started a few more books that I need to get working on.  Right now I am taking a break from cleaning out our bedroom, while my husband cleans in our garage.  The girls decided to stay at my mom's a bit longer and have fun with their cousins, so we are taking advantage of the time we have to see how much work we can get done.

The week ahead looks busy, but the weather looks fabulous compared to the winter we experienced, and I am excited to continue working on our house project and get things finalized.










1 comment:

Ti said...

Glad that you had a nice Easter. We did too, after The Teen settled down a bit. He is stressed about the upcoming play and has been a BEAR to be around! He has done so many plays, none of this is new to him and yet he freaks out each and every time they come around.

We had a last minute sleepover which prompted me to clean the house quickly, as the girls waited in one room. LOL. With all day track meets I lose my "to do" day.