Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Salon

I can't believe it's Sunday night and this is my first chance to sit down and blog.  Unlike some relaxing weekends with nothing scheduled, this weekend had numerous activities already planned.


Friday night was a free wild animal performance at the girls' school.  I wasn't impressed, and Big Sister said while leaving, "well, that's two hours of my life I'll never get back."  Little Sister loved the show - especially the baby kangaroo and the tortoise that peed on the floor. Middle Sister opted to stay home and watch the opening ceremonies at the Olympics.

Middle Sister is the middle player in the back row

Yesterday Middle Sister had her final basketball tournament.  The girls only won one of the three games they played, but did enjoy the end of season party at Pizza Ranch. I am just glad there is one fewer thing to run to.  

Today we had church, I taught Sunday school, went grocery shopping, and then worked at our church's venison feed.  My husband took the girls to a hockey game this afternoon.  

I managed to run both days this weekend, and am amazed that my foot has not hurt afterward.  I am trying a different pair of shoes with success and am hopeful that the problem is solved.

As for reading....I have a few things I finished up this weekend: 50 Children by Steven Pressman andmMrs. Lincoln's Rival by Jennifer Chiaverini- both were excellent!  I am working on A Star for Mrs. Blake by April Smith and am loving that one, too.  

I can't believe the weekend is over already....and that I have a 5 day week ahead of me.  Ugh.  The weather looks like it is warming up a little - and I mean a little - getting into the mid 20's this week.  At least there is that to look forward to.


1 comment:

Ti said...

Looks like you had a full weekend. Mine was a blur. Being backstage for a show is fun. There is always entertainment when it comes to live theater. Especially when working with a young cast. Those kids always make me laugh.

But, I am so tired and finding it hard to stay awake. I won't be able to catch-up on sleep until Saturday. I have a booster club meeting tonight and another track practice tomorrow night.

I just want to sleep! Okay, maybe read a little and then sleep.