Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Salon


Another snowy and cold weekend here in Iowa - and another day off of school for me this past Thursday due to the weather.  UGH!  I am so ready to get back into a routine.  



Today we are boxing up more kitchen stuff since the construction workers are planning on demolishing things this week.  I am not sure where everything is supposed to go and feel disorganized already.  Tonight I am going to make jambalaya one last time before I pack up the pots and pans I need.  The girls and I went grocery shopping yesterday but had a hard time coming up with anything to make this week considering the kitchen mess.

Since the weather has been nasty the other highlight of the weekend has been using our new vacuum cleaner. It does an amazing job of cleaning our carpets, and since it is new the girls have been fighting over who gets to use it.  I doubt this continues, but I'll take advantage of it while I can.  

The rest of the day I am hoping to do a bit more cleaning, write a few blog posts, and read.  That is one thing that this cold weather is good for - cuddling up and reading some good books.

2 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

We can certainly say that our weather is the opposite of yours here in the Pac NW we had temperatures in the 50s yesterday, sunny and bright. We actually need more rain and snow.

Ti said...

I hate to even mention it but box up your stuff and then tape it up really well. When we had our kitchen remodeled, some of the workers stole some of the more expensive appliances... my mixer, my Cuisinart, and some other items. We did not realize it until we actually needed those items and then, it was too late to do anything about it.

Better to be safe. Tape it up.