Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Salon: Construction Update and Responsibility



So, instead of discussing the weather, which seems to change at a moment's notice here in Iowa, we'll talk about my kitchen again.  In case you are getting tired of hearing my construction update, I am warning you that my kitchen has yet to be demolished.  Which means you will be hearing about this project for a few weeks more.

We are making progress:
 The view from the windows in our addition


 What was once the entrance to the screened in porch

The view into the kitchen

Tomorrow I am going to pick out our counter top and the electrician is coming in the morning to discuss lighting with us.  We have been cramming things in boxes and trying to get things out of the kitchen slowly. Considering how small our kitchen is, I am amazed by the number of boxes we have to store away.  Split level homes are not known for having any storage space, so this is a little tricky.

On to Responsibility. Yesterday I made a trip to Sears since we had some rewards money to spend after purchasing new appliances.  I didn't want to miss out on this "free" money, which needed to be spent by the end of this month, but wasn't set on any one thing to purchase.  What I wanted was a television for our bedroom, even though I don't think having a TV in the bedroom is a great thing.  What I purchased is a Dyson Vacuum cleaner - quite responsible of me, I think.  
I can't pick it up until later this week since it was out of stock, but I am looking forward to having carpets that look cleaner after I am done vacuuming, rather than continuing to look grungy.



I'm still slowly working my way through the second season of Parenthood and enjoying it very much. Today I should be able to finish up North of Boston by Elizabeth Elo, and maybe even write a few reviews if I am lucky.  There are lots of books on my TBR piles, so the problem won't be that I don't have anything to read, just that I don't  know what to choose to read next.


I've got chili simmering on the stove, a book calling to me, and a volleyball scrimmage to attend later.  I don't have school tomorrow, so I'll leave the lesson planning until tomorrow night.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!

2 comments:

Ti said...

We have had our Dyson for a long time. It really does hold its suction. Worth every penny if you ask me.

I love your construction updates. I love to see the work in progress and the finished product.

Chili sounds really good. We will be grilling burgers later. It will be quiet since the girl is heading to a sleepover so I plan to enjoy a Margarita!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

We've had a purple Dyson for about 6 years. It's as good as new and great with pet fur too.