Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Louise's Dilemma


World War II is one of my favorite time periods to read about, and I love Sarah Shaber's series featuring Louise Pearlie, who works for the Office of Strategic Services.

In this installment, Louise is able to escape her office for a few days as she helps locate a couple who received a suspicious postcard from a German cousin.  Although it appears that the couple are just as confused by some references in the postcard as the government is, it soon comes to light that Mr. and Mrs. Martin know more than they are saying, and there is some illegal activity occurring.

Suddenly Louise finds herself in the middle of things, as she is unable to leave this mystery alone.

This is perhaps my favorite Louise Pearlie mystery. I appreciated that Shaber was able to get Louise out of her office for a few days and created a story entirely unlike the other mysteries Louise has been involved in. I'm going to keep recommending this series to my mystery loving friends because I just can't get enough of them.

No comments: