Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Royal Day

Monday was a day off of school for me in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.  My girls had school, a snow make up day having been scheduled to take this holiday away from them.  This is the one day I could come up with to make a trip with my kitchen designer, Jen, to trek to Davenport and look at granite counter top.

Although the purpose of the trip was to select counter top, after doing a little research I found that the Princess Diana dress exhibit was still at the Putnam Museum in Davenport.  I came clean to Jen about my royal family obsession and she agreed to stop there with me.  





The dresses that I once enjoyed seeing in photographs I could look at up close.  Many of them had beading and details that I was never able to enjoy in a photograph.  Although we didn't spend a long time there, I loved the exhibit.

Incidentally, I did select a counter top for my kitchen.  That somehow doesn't seem nearly as exciting as seeing Princess Diana's dresses.

2 comments:

Ti said...

Counter tops can be exciting, but probably not as exciting as the dress. Can't wait to see what you chose!

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

I. Am. Dying. That dress. Wow.