Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Gift Books

My girls are pretty accustomed to opening books at Christmas.  I usually try to add to our Christmas book collection, but will also give books they are looking forward to reading, or know they will enjoy.

This year's Christmas books:


An Otis Christmas by Loren Long

Christmas from Heaven: The True Story of the Berlin Candy Bomber by Tom Brokaw

The Christmas Wish by Lori Evert

The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore, illustrated by Holly Hobbie


I also am giving some non-holiday themed books to them:


The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer is the second in this series. Middle Sister has had her nose stuck in the first book for the past three days. Unfortunately she has asked repeatedly to go to Barnes and Noble to buy the second book and I have had to tell her we just haven't had time.  

This is something my middle daughter is definitely not expecting.  I just remember loving the Grandma's Attic series as a child and I hope she does, too.  


Kate Gosselin's Love Is In the Mix cookbook is for Big Sister. She used to hava bit of an obsession with John and Kate Plus 8 - loving the fact that they had 8 children. She still can be found watching old episodes on DVD and will watch pretty much any show featuring a large family.

Little Sister hasn't been as fortunate to receive Robert Sabuda pop-up books before.  When I saw he had done The Little Mermaid, coinciding nicely with the movie re-release, I couldn't help but pick it up for her to add to her collection.

I didn't put any one child's name on this map book - I just couldn't decide who would like it more - heck, I like looking at it, too.  So, this is one of those family books that will go in our shelves.

Are any of you giving books this holiday? I'd love to know what titles you have picked for others.

No comments: