Sunday, December 1, 2013

Blast From the Past


So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson
I was just thinking about this book while I was driving the other day.  I loved this book as Nelson keeps track of the books she reads for an entire year.  I keep track of what I read, too, but Nelson's book  is more than just a list- it is nearly like a diary of her daily events along with her books she reads and thoughts on them.


A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
Still one of my favorite YA historical fiction novels of all time.  I continue to recommend this to people.


Doing Time Online by Jane Siebold- 
An Iowa Children's Choice book, I had two students check this title out last week based on my recommendation.  I can't wait to hear what they think. It also presents a lesson about internet safety, an important topic.


Reflections: Life After The White House by Barbara Bush
I'm a sucker for any book about a First Lady and I love reading their own account of their White House years.  


Sarah Bird's The Yokota Officer's Club - my recollection of this one is somewhat vague, but I like the military setting of this one and can't believe it's been a decade since I read it.

Looking back through the books I read in December of 2003, I realize I must have been busy (one two year old and one two month old), because there are very few books that I actually read this month.  

No comments: