Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Salon


I spent the morning at church and the afternoon working at school. It is supper already and I have resorted to an old go-to Weight Watchers recipe.  

Tex Mex Rice Casserole

2 cups rice (already cooked)
1 can corn, drained
2 cups cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can diced green chilies
1 can pinto beans

Mix all ingredients together.  Place in 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. 


In case you couldn't tell, this isn't so much of a Weight Watchers recipe since I didn't add the no fat sour cream or the weight watchers cheese, but it is tasty.  And it goes great with corn bread muffins.

The most exciting news of the week is that I have a new niece.  Nola Caroline arrived on Thursday and we have already seen her twice.  The girls love holding her...there's just something wonderful about holding a newborn.




My reading has been slow since I hosted a sleepover on Friday night and the rest of the weekend was fairly booked up. Middle Sister starts volleyball and basketball this week. This involved an all day shopping excursion yesterday to look for basketball shoes.  It was painful....seven stores later we found one pair of size 2 girls basketball shoes- the only pair left in the store.  Aside from shoe shopping we also had to get groceries and stopped off to watch a student in a brief performance at Barnes and Noble of a Junie B. Jones play he will be in later this month at our children's theater.  

We've had a brief break from sports practices, but this week we are getting back into the swing of things with basketball and volleyball.  My husband starts wrestling practice in a few weeks, too.  I started Cartwheel by Jennifer Dubois and am loving it- just wishing I had more time to sit and read.

1 comment:

Ti said...

Cartwheel was very good. I really liked it.

That rice dish looks yummy and easy. I could use more recipes like that in my recipe box.

Congrats on the new niece! Nola is such a pretty name.

I am reading The Abominable, slowly and just panicked because it's due tomorrow. I was sure that someone would have requested it but no! I got to renew it for another 3 weeks so now I have a little more time to enjoy it. It's sooooo long but pretty good so far.