Thursday, September 26, 2013

Love, Aubrey

Love, Aubrey is a story that will stay with me for a long time. Upon finishing the book, I immediately handed it off to my oldest daughter in the hopes that she will love this book as much as I do.  

Aubrey is trying to recover from a devastating loss. Her mother, unable to cope with this loss herself, leaves Aubrey on her own. When Gram discovers her granddaughter has been trying to take care of herself for nearly a week, she packs Aubrey up and brings her home with her to Vermont.

There, Aubrey must face her loss, and try to begin living again - having an opportunity to make friends all the while grieving for her loss and learning how to choose to live each and every day.

I love stories like this, despite the fact that they certainly are not "fun" or "happy." Aubrey's story made me want to shed a tear or two, and I am anxious to see how my twelve year old reacts to this book.  

La Fleur's Eight Keys was enjoyable, but Love, Aubrey has blown me away.  I am amazed by this story.

No comments: