Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Salon


We finished our family vacation with a 10 hour drive on Friday and a 9 hour drive on Saturday.  Our trip was great, but the ride home was not so happy since my girls wanted to be home INSTANTLY.  Sadly, driving 1200 miles takes time. Time on the lake for my girls and husband (below along with my brother-in-law) and time for me to sit around reading with my feet up, literally, is what vacation is all about, and well worth the drive.



We spent Friday night in Rapid City, South Dakota, enjoying their downtown area. We managed to see (and take a picture) with nearly every president statue.  Lots of cool and unique stores and a concert in their downtown area definitely impressed us.
 Middle  Sister with Bill Clinton

 The Girls and Dad with George W. Bush



JFK, John-John, Big Sister, Little Sister and me

This coming week should be a nice time to recover from vacation before we launch into two short trips the week after next.  I go back to work on August 7th - how can summer fly by so quickly?

One good thing about vacation is the extra reading time I found.  I managed to read seven books, and hope to have some reviews ready to go this next week.

Grocery shopping and meal planning, laundry, and a bit of school work are some musts for today -along with exercising. My body might go into shock since I've had a 10 day break. How about you? What's your plan for the day?


1 comment:

Ti said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I haven't been by a body of water yet this summer. I think that is why I am losing out on that summery feeling. I must find water soon.