Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Salon

I was excited for this three day weekend until it decided to rain the entire time.  While I like the idea of curling up with a good book and relaxing, the day-after-day-ness of it has definitely made me ready for the sun.


Yesterday I was sure that Middle Sister's soccer game would get postponed or canceled. I checked my cell phone and email repeatedly, but as the game time neared, I frantically got ready to go to see her play.  Although MS did wear pants under her shorts, she decided to take them off in our van when she saw some of her teammates in shorts.  The spectators were cuddled up in blankets and rain gear.  


My sister and her family came back to catch one game, and were impressed with MS' ball handling skills and persistence.  She has improved so much!

Today we have made a half-hearted attempt at cleaning, did some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and Hy-Vee and are planning on seeing The Croods tonight with my mom.  
I've managed to do quite a bit of reading. I started and finished A Fort of Nine Towers: An Afghan Family Story by Qais Akbar Omar, a great memoir that I plan to review this week.  We've been working on watching the entire Gilmore Girls series and after three years of slowly working our way through the first two seasons are now (finally) on season three. 

Those plans don't sound too thrilling, but I have just 4 days of school left and my girls have 8 - we are on the homeward stretch!   

How about you? Any big Memorial Day plans? 

No comments: