Friday, May 24, 2013

Read Along - Under The Dome


I can't think of the last time I've participated in a read along. In fact, I might never have participated in a read along before. 

Under the Dome is one of those books that has been on my mental TBR list since it came out. Since I saw a few bloggers signing up to participate, I figured I'd join in.

I'll download the book tonight to my kindle, but right now I am still reading a few other books, so I might not start over this long holiday weekend. 

Here's the blurb I copied from Coffee and Book Chick in case you want to participate:

•Ms. Jilly Bean, aka Fizzy Thoughts, for the fabulous idea earlier this year for an Under the Dome readalong. While I won't be able to send gifts out to everyone (I am not creative like that, have no idea what to do), I hope everyone enjoys the collaboration together.


•Thanks also go out to Trish at Love, Laughter, Insanity, Lesley at Prairie Horizons, and Lisa at Lit and Life for dealing with my last minute Twitter panic that I missed the readalong, and then thoughts on set up, all in the past twenty-four hours!

Although the mini-series will premiere in exactly one month on CBS, our summer readalong starts now and will extend past the mini-series premiere. I plan to DVR the show and watch it after the readalong has concluded. Reading and blogging has taken a backseat for many of us this year, but I can definitely attest even more so to it. I think the only thing that can bring me back into the thick of things is a combination of Stephen King and, most importantly, a summer readalong with all of you!

I can't wait to dive into this book.  I've read Stephen King once before when I was completing my library masters degree and read The Green Mile.  I loved it, but never felt compelled to read more since my first inclination is not to read anything falling under the horror category.

Happy Reading!



No comments: