Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Salon

I'm typing this post from my driveway where I am relaxing in a lawn chair, enjoying the 75 degree weather. It finally feels like spring!  The rest of this week doesn't look as nice as it is today, so I am taking advantage of the weather while I can.

As the school year is approaching an end - only 5 weeks left - there will be no shortage of things to do.  Soccer for two girls, softball for one, my fitness class, piano and gymnastics seem to absorb our evenings. Add to that spring concerts, track and field day, a talent show, our school's Falcon Fest, and the calendar is jam packed.

My sister-in-law and I will be planting our first ever garden at my mom's house.  We are pondering what things we want to plant, and will be busy getting that started soon.  Last year at this time the farmers were done planting crops. However, we have had so much rain and cold weather farmers are just now getting into their fields.

Today I am busy trying to organize things for a busy week.  My husband has had to cook supper for the girls a few nights last week. They had spaghetti every time.  Although they like spaghetti, this was a bit much for them.  I tried to find a few different choices for him this coming week - frozen pizza, wraps with meat, cheese and veggies and steak seemed like fairly safe choices.

I plan on spending the rest of my afternoon soaking up a little sun and reading The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls by Anton DiSclafani which I am thoroughly enjoying.

No comments: