Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. I'm not sure how often she reads my blog (if she does at all!), but just in case she might look at this, Happy Birthday, Mom!  I talk to her before work in the morning and at night when we get home. Our conversations can start and stop midstream.  There have been many, many times she has offered to help me out only for me to realize later that she has canceled her own plans because she knew I needed assistance. She sang to me and read to me when I was little. She helped me learn to read - and sew, sort of.  She has taught me how to knit. She was my co-worker during my first year of teaching and gave me good advice without being bossy.  Even though I just turned forty, my mom continues to teach me lots every day. 

No comments: