Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

This weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Top 10 New to Me Authors of 2012

1. Jussi Adler- Olsen- the author of a Swedish crime series. I just finished the first installment, but the second has already been published.
2.  Katherine Boo -Behind the Beautiful Forevers a non-fiction account of life in Mumbai that reads like fiction

3.  Thrity Umrigar- woman's fiction featuring four Bombay women who were once college friends and have become separated.

4.  Jordan Sonnenblick- Curveball:The Year I Lost My Grip- I have avoided Sonnenblick's work simply because I wasn't sure I wanted to read his book featuring a teen character with cancer.  However, I was happily surprised by Curveball

5.  Jill Smolinski- I really enjoyed The Objects of My Affection, and should move her previous novel The Next Thing On My List up to the top of my TBR stack.

6.  Cristina Alger-The Darlings was an entertaining read about the upper class in society

7.  Kathryn Miller-Harris -Love, love love her mystery series and am anxiously awaiting the third installment.

8.  Margaret Dilloway- I managed to read Dilloway's second novel, The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns before her first, How To Be An American Housewife

9.  Gillian Flynn- Gone Girl....one of my favorite books of 2012.  Am excited that there are two more books by Flynn I have yet to read.

10.  Leila Meacham- Again, read the second book she authored before the first. Tumbleweeds encompasses the saga of one family and the many twists and turns Meacham weaves in the plot kept me engaged.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I bought Gone Girl a few weeks after its release and its still sitting there. I HAVE to read it soon.
Feel free to check out My TTT

Peaceful Reader said...

I'm glad you like Gone Girl also although Gillian Flynn did not make my list as I've already read one of her other books.

Marce said...

I can't wait to get to the Jussi Adler- Olsen book I have.

I wasn't a fan of Gone Girl but I feel like I should try one of her other books.