Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Salon

Another weekend almost over!  Where does time go?  Although we didn't have a lot of plans, I could still use another day to catch up. I think this same thing every weekend.

Saturday we went to Middle Sister's first soccer game.  The league is new and there have been some complaints by more than a few parents about the ridiculous way they divided up teams.  The people who divided teams are aware that they goofed up, but the season has begun, so some teams have really, really good players who are all a year older than other teams. And Middle Sister's team has a lot of new, young players.  The good part is that she has a great coach. The downside is that no matter what, they may never win a game.  I am totally not competitive but I was having a hard time even watching on Saturday morning.

I did finally finish off - and enjoy- Precious Bones - a great middle grade novel, along with Code Name Verity.  Today I began Motherland by Amy Sohn.  I so wish I could get through all the great books that I have stacked up, but so far it isn't happening.

The rest of the weekend was filled up with church, grocery shopping, a bit of cleaning, exercise, and watching Back to the Future with the family last night.

It's nearly time for the bedtime rush to begin. I have been munching on Big Sister's Pinterest recipe of the week: a bag of fritos, topped with a topping consisting of 1 c. sugar, 1 c. corn syrup and 1 c. peanut butter. So yummy!



No comments: