Thursday, August 2, 2012

Blast From the Past

August 2002 had some great books! I was excited to revisit these titles as I looked through my old reading journal.  I can't believe it's been ten years since I read Claire Cook's first book or Donald Harstad's first book, Eleven Days. Cook continues to publish a book every year, but I am still waiting for Harstad's series to continue.  I have had the pleasure of hearing him speak on two separate occasions and have been entertained both times.  The fact that I look through my reading journal and see so many Alice titles popping up over the months shows just how many books there are in this series, but it doesn't show how much I love these books.  Fannie Flagg is another favorite author and Standing Under the Rainbow is one of my very favorite titles by her.  Bread Alone by Judith Ryan Hendricks is a novel that I have thought of every once in a while. It is a book I liked when I read it but had no idea that even a decade later I would still think about it. I can only hope that August 2012 has such a wealth of great reading in store.

No comments: