Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Salon

In just three days I go back to work. Maybe it doesn't seem like it to anyone else, but I can't believe how fast summer has flown by.  Incredible! I have had a summer of junk food eating so getting into a routine and not having food available may help me out.  My summer reading was at an all-time low.  I actually feel OK about that.  It has been good to watch a few movies and TV shows and spend time with my kids.  I still read a lot, don't get me wrong, but I have taken many, many books back to the library that I haven't had time for. Maybe someday.
I am still mid book purge/bedroom re-do/cleaning project in our lower level.  There is a long way to go.  Today I managed to accumulate another huge bag of trash to eliminate and recycle a trunk full of magazines.  At least more things are leaving my house than are coming in. 
I would be further on these projects, but we are still taking trips to the pool with friends. On Friday we met up with college friends and spent the day at Adventureland.  I have also been watching the Olympics.  My girls are finally at the age where they enjoy watching them as well. Go USA!
One other highlight from our week was finding a snake by our house.  We live in a very wooded area, so I am sure there are more than a few snakes around, but in the five years we have lived here I have never seen one.  My husband was at work, so I called my 13 year old neighbor who came rushing right over with his net.  He promptly caught the large garter snake and took it home with him.
I'm hoping to get a few more books read in the next two days...we'll see how much I get accomplished.

No comments: