Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Recap

The number of books being read in 2012 is substantially lower than in 2011. Sure, there has been stress in my work situation, but I'm not sure that is the entire reason why my reading is slower.  I do feel like I am appreciating the books I am getting done, and perhaps striking a bit more balance in life. We are busy right now with soccer season and softball season. Between running kids places and end of year things at school, our house has been a bit more picked up lately.  If my husband ever figures out it is because I am reading less, I am sure he will endorse the new way of being.

The roundup for April includes:
1.  The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott
2.  Heft by Liz Moore
3.  The Rivals by Daisy Whitney
4.   Bringing up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman
5.  Shelter by Frances Greenslade
6.  The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily Danforth
7.  The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty
8.  The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
9.  Paris in Love by Eloisa James
10. Love's Unending Legacy by Janette Oke
11.  The  Newlyweds by Nell Freudenberger
12.  Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip by Jordan Sonnenblick
13.  Quiet by Susan Cain
14.  Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson
15.  Schooled by Gordon Korman
16.  The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani

Only 3 of these books were tween/YA, 13 were adult
2 books were written by males, 14 by females
2 books were from my shelves, 1 from my kindle (net galley), 13 from the library
4 were non-fiction, 12 were fiction

Even though the list is somewhat shorter than other months, there isn't a dud in the bunch. Every single one of these books was well worth reading.  Now, on to May!

No comments: