Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Salon



Yesterday was cold and rainy - what a typical March day is like. We have become so used to beautiful spring weather, that is seemed totally out of place. While I wanted nothing more than to curl up with a good book, my husband was ready to tackle some cleaning that has been waiting for us for months.

The girls' bedrooms were deep cleaned, which is a huge job. Spring clothes were exchanged with winter clothes. The closets were emptied and cleaned. Hours- literally hours- were spent on this project. Their rooms look great now. However, there are piles in the living room to be delivered to a variety of places such as Goodwill. I went through their bookshelves as well and am donating two enormous Rubbermaid containers full of books to my school.

We have lots left to de-clutter, but it feels good to have two rooms (and the bathroom my husband cleaned) organized and under control.

On Tuesday of this past week we attended the pot luck wrestling banquet for my husband who is an assistant coach. I brought a pan of slutty brownies, a recipe I found on Pinterest, and loved. Only one brownie was gone from the pan when it was time to go home. Normally this would be a problem because Iwould gobble them all up myself. But I gave up sweets for Lent, so I also could not eat them. My husband doesn't really like the fact that I used mint oreos, so I took some to work and so did he. Despite the fact that the bars were not eaten at the banquet, the people we did share them with confirmed that they were quite tasty. This is turning in to my new "go to" recipe since they are super easy to make and also super yummy

Today I want to get in a run outside. I also want to finish up The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott, a book that is totally getting me in the mood for all the other Titanic books out there right now. I need to make a quick stop at the library and return some books, and I may even swing by Old Navy again and see if they have anything new. I bought a great pair of pants at Target this week. We are not allowed to wear jeans to school , but these slacks look rather like a dark denim, only they aren't. A few of us have now gone and purchased them and honestly, they are so comfortable I would happily buy a second pair.

What about you? What's up for your week?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those are some crazy brownies! I don't know if I have it in me to make them, but I sure would be happy to eat them. We gave up candy and chocolate (in the form of candy), but not cookies or brownies or cake or ice cream so I could eat them.