Monday, January 23, 2012

And The Results Are In

What can I say? I obviously lack any real skill in predicting which books will win awards, although three of the titles I mentioned did receive recognition.
Because we had a two hour delay my oldest daughter was able to catch the live webcast. My youngest daughter was at an eye doctor appointment and my middle daughter has been unable to remove the headphones from her ears as she listens to the fourth Harry Potter book.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that there are only two Newbery honors....it feels a bit stingy to me because there are so many great books out there. It would be so interesting to be in on the discussions about these books and selecting the winners.





I have Jack Gantos' book, Dead End in Norvelt - and the winner of the 2012 Newbery Medal - sitting next to my school bag, ready to take home and read ASAP. In any event, my TBR pile just got bigger.


Click here to see a list of this year's ALA winners.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously - why only 2 Newbery honors??? I was so disappointed that so many of my favorites didn't even get a nod. Between Shades of Gray? A Monster Calls? Come on! I don't think I'd even heard of Dead End in Norvelt before this morning, but now I'll be curious to read it!

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

Boo!!! Seriously -- I thought Okay for Know was a lock on something.