Monday, September 5, 2011

Time Off!

I will admit to really appreciating having a three day weekend. I have been back in school for a month, now, and despite really loving my job, I am enjoying having a bit of extra time around home. We have done a bit of cleaning - which we managed to save until today- and a bit of reading. I also went through some library books and realized that I just need to clean out my stacks. Maybe someday in the future I can get to these books, but my piles are so high that I need to focus on the ones that have been waiting for a while.
One thing I wanted to do this weekend and did not happen was see The Help. I find it rather depressing that so many of my friends have already seen it, but at this rate I may end up waiting for it to come out on DVD.
The weather is beautiful today - perfect fall-like weather. Saturday was gloomy and rainy and cold, but today makes up for it. It is unfortunate that we couldn't have tomorrow off, too. This coming weekend is our town's garage sale day. I have been busy hauling my stuff in to my mother-in-law's house to sell. She is nice enough to get everything ready and price it all, and give me the profit. I can't beat that deal! I am really hoping some stuff sells because I desperately want a new couch and have decided that perhaps this garage sale money could go toward that. (That is until we have the heating/cooling repair man come tomorrow to look at our broken water heater. After we get that bill, our money might not be going for a new couch).
I'll be back to regular book reviews and blogging starting tomorrow. I have enjoyed having a little break, but have a few titles to write about. There just are not enough hours in the day to get everything done!
Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend and is ready to get back to the real world tomorrow.

No comments: