Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Salon: The To-Do List

The dreaded "to do" list is getting awfully long. Last week I had a bad start to my week. On Monday morning - which began at 3:45 with a child who had a major allergy attack after spending the day at ny parents' farm, I was getting a meatloaf ready for my husband to put in the oven for supper. After a battle with the mustard bottle, which I lost, I ended up changing clothes twice since two shirts managed to get mustard on them and then having to deal with two mustard stained shirts. It is not fun to get out, folks!
Tuesday morning began again at 3:45 AM with a loud thunderstorm. On Wednesday I managed to sleep in until 4 AM, and by Friday I was nowhere near getting up at 4:30 for my daily workout. Finally I am feeling not quite as tired, only to start the work week tomorrow. With any luck I will be able to get a bit more sleep this week.

Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's birthday and the first day of school for my kids. I am very ready for us to be back on a schedule. I still have Dana Reinhart's book to finish tonight and am planning on starting Amanda Eyre Ward's newest one. I still have food to make for the week, bedtime stories to read, lunches to pack, and clothes to lay out. Luckily I managed to get presents wrapped and we also went out to eat at Chuck E. Cheese's for the birthday girl.

I'll have to report back tomorrow to give highlights from the first day of school.

No comments: