Friday, July 1, 2011

A Blast From the Past

Ten years ago I was pregnant-still- with my first child. I was finishing up library classes at UNI and slogging across campus with enormous cataloguing books in total discomfort. UGH! I know I had a lot more free time back then, so what was I reading a decade ago? Five books from July 2001 include:

Recommended by a good friend, this is a LONG book. I enjoyed it but think I should re-read it more slowly instead of devouring it in a day.


What's not to like about a book about librarians bringing book to people in remote areas? Very interesting.


I can't believe it's been 10 years since Weiner's first book came out. This is still one of my favorites.


Mostly Deaver's books creep me out, but this one I found fascinating with the technology. I wonder how it would stand up ten years later.Joan Bauer- another author I love for her unique, quirky characters. I think this is the first book I read by Bauer. I haven't missed one since.

What about you? What were you reading in July of 2001?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? You read LADIES OF THE CLUB in one day? Amazing! It is mega-long (1200+ pages I think). I tip my hat to you. I've considered reading it again with the perspective of being a woman of "a certain age", but it is so long. It would take me forever. Maybe this winter.

Lisa said...

I have no clue what Ladies of the Club is about, but I remember trying to read it as a teenager for the simple reason that I prided myself on reading giant books. I did not finish.