Thursday, June 30, 2011

Throwback Thursday

This week's Throwback Thursday selection was not only a book I read and re-read (I probably checked this title out from the library at least a dozen times) but also boasted a television show I watched every Saturday.
The Mandrell Family Album was full of great pictures of Barbara, Louise, and Irlene Mandrell - the famous Mandrell Sisters. I loved watching them sing on TV and loved them even more after I read all about their childhoods and their road to success.

I purchased a used copy of this off of Amazon a long time ago, but sadly it is only a small paperback version. The book I remember was a large coffee table book full of color photos. Long after the show ended and the book was weeded from the library, the Mandrells have continued to hold a special place in my heart.

Did anyone else grow up watching The Mandrells? Has anyone else read The Mandrell Family Album?

No comments: