Friday, June 10, 2011

Gloomy Friday



Rarely do I get up - even on gloomy days- and feel rather gloomy and unproductive myself. Today, however, is one of those days. It is cold and rainy here and my daughters all slept extremely late. That allowed me time to lounge on the couch and watch the Today show. I tried reading but really was not into it. Finally after everyone was awake and I made myself come up with a plan of action. The carrot I dangled before them: If the three girls could clean their bedrooms I would take them to the Judy Moody movie today. I then proceeded to do something risky. I went down to the basement to run on the treadmill. Doing this meant that I was not around to keep them on task and to enforce law and order. I did take periodic breaks to check on their progress, but mostly they were left to their own devices to make sure their rooms were clean. The younger two need a bit of my help yet to get books put away where I want them, but otherwise things are looking good. I managed to get a ten mile run in and read fifty more pages in Erik Larson's new book, In the Garden of Beasts which I am loving. Even though I got a long run in today, I may have to run again tomorrow just so I can read more.

Hopefully now that we have a plan, the rest of the day will be more productive. If only the sun would shine I am sure I could get so much more done!

No comments: