Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Salon


This weekend I am particulary thankful that tomorrow is another day off. I have managed to develop an icky cold and have felt achey and chilled and have a nasty cough on top of it. My oldest daughter is modeling in a bridal show today, which means instead of sitting on the couch, snuggled under a blanket, I will be with her at a rehearsal, her hair appointment, and then at the show. I attended this bridal show once years ago and know what a zoo it is, so I am not overly excited about today. However, I encouraged her to try this. Children who received a wish from Make A Wish were asked to be models. Leah received a wish in 2006, and even though being in front of people is out of her comfort zone, I thought she might actually enjoy it if she would give it a chance. So, soon we will be off. I am planning on bringing a book since I think there is a great deal of waiting around that is going to happen, as well as some snacks and drinks. If I have time (and if they turn out) I will have to post some pictures.

Last night my husband had some guy friends over to watch the Packers win - the first time he has had people over to watch in our newly renovated TV room. Now if we could just get some new furniture. I am hoping that the restrictions placed on my book buying will result in some extra money for things like that.

It's still snowy and cold here in Iowa, but this past week I received my Eddie Bauer Summer Preview Catalog, which must mean that someday summer will arrive. I dream of life without snow boots and mittens and hats.

Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow since I have lots of stuff I should get done. What's up for your Sunday?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aww, sorry you're sick. Hopefully the bridal show goes smoothly!

I daydream about summer coming too... it's snowing right now, I'm so sick of it already! Just about another 2 months to go, right?

I'm at work right now, just killing time online to make the day go faster. Happy Sunday!