This week I have been finding a lot of great posts! And, I have even been writing them down so I remember them. The Friday Five is hosted by Kate at Kate's Library.
1. IndieBound has their new September IndieBound Next list out. USA Today also has their interactive calendar of fall book releases online - both places to find books to add to your TBR list.
2. On Monday at The New Dork Review of Books there was a great post about not judging a book by it's author. I will admit I am guilty of this from time to time, and then am pleasantly surprised when I find out that an author whose work I have not been impressed with previously, ends up amazing and delighting me.
3. I have been jealously eyeing the new header that Peaceful Reader has on her blog. PR found this by visiting The Eagle's Aerial Perspective and taking note of a little button making blog on the site. I may have to take action myself and see about having a banner created for me.
4. Over the past few days I have been a bit obsessed with checking things on the 2010 world clock. This website has an ongoing counter that tracks deaths, births, diseases, and all sorts of other nifty facts. Visit World Clock 2010.
5. Pragmatic Mom posts her thoughts on an a Harvard Study that focuses on whether boys are behind girls on reading. Interesting and thought-provoking.
This has been a busy week so far, and I am excited about a three day weekend....high school football game last night, college game tonight, and preparation for a garage sale next weekend. This is not looking good for leisure reading time, but I am hoping for a less cluttered house.