Sunday, July 11, 2010

Handy Dad by Todd Davis


My oldest daughter has been reading up a storm this summer. She can often be found with a book in her hand, and will disappear for long stretches of time to her bedroom to have some quiet reading time. The other day while at the library she picked up the book Handy Dad, a lovely book showing many projects dads could work on with their child, or complete for their child. She found several projects that appealed to her, but as she was rattling them off I began to feel rather sorry for my husband. He doesn't really enjoy these handyman projects at all. He has become much more skilled at these types of things over the years, but to think that he would just plan on doing a project like this for fun? I'm not thinking so. Later that day when I was getting ready to go to sleep, I saw my husband reading Handy Dad in bed. Apparently it was shared with him along with the comment that really the only thing my daughter really wanted was a rope bridge! A rope bridge?! Nothing like picking one of the trickier projects out! I am not holding out much hope for a rope bridge at our house in the near future. But, Handy Dad is a cool book with lots of nifty ideas.

No comments: