Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"Later that night I went downstairs. Phil was sitting at the kitchen table. The only light was coming through the frosted window. "This is going to be awful," I said. "Really, really awful."
"I know." He didn't look at me. His face was shadowy in the dark and he shook his head. He looked down. He shook his head again. "No," he was emphatic. "It doesn't get worse than that (160)."

Three Wishes: A True Story of Good Friends, Crushing Heartbreak, and Astonishing Luck on Our Way to Love and Motherhood by Carey Goldberg, Beth Jones, and Pamela Ferdinand
My teaser is a little longer than two sentences...oops! This way readers will get a better idea what the book is about. Love the cover!

9 comments:

Marg said...

What is it that could be so awful I wonder?

I have two teasers this week!

Lover Of Romance said...

Great Teaser, I will have to read this one!!!

Here is Mine

Aimee said...

This sounds interesting! Great teaser! Makes me wonder what happened! And if it really could get worse...

My TT is here.

Kathy Martin said...

You teaser has an ominous sound. My teaser is from Naamah's Curse by Jacqueline Carey.

Alayne said...

Sounds kind of sad. Nice teaser though. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

E.J. Stevens said...

Great Teaser! My Teaser is here.

Happy reading. :)

xx,
E.J.
From the Shadows

Kaye said...

Sounds like bad news is on the way yet the cover looks so carefree. Good one! My TT and contest link can be found HERE

pussreboots said...

It's a long teaser but I'm still not sure what it's about. I'm reading Peppermints in the Parlor.

Library Cat said...

I have given you an award over on my blog. Come visit LibrarysCat Books to view the award!
Thanks,
Donna