Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My List of TBR Books - Challenge 2010

Last night I signed up for my first (but not last) challenge of 2010: The 2010 Reading From My Shelves Project hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea.

Following is a list of books I intend to read for this challenge. I could have picked hundreds (yes, there are that many to choose from) and I know I will read many books from my different TBR piles/stacks/boxes/shelves throughout the year. However, I only have 24 books on my list- 12 adult books and 12 young adult/middle grade books. That is 2 books per month, and while it might not seem like a lot, I don't think I can commit to too many more than that and still be able to read the new things that are coming out that just call my name and seriously hinder my ability to read my huge stacks of library books. So, we shall just see how it goes.

TBR List 2010
Adult Titles:
1. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
2. Clara's War by Clara Kramer
3. While I'm Falling by Laura Moriarty
4. After You by Julie Buxbaum
5. The Mighty Queens of Freeville by Amy Dickinson
6. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
7. Shelf Discovery by Lizzie Skurnick
8. The Bright Side of Disaster by Katherine Center
9. Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
10. Mockingbird by Charles J. Shields
11. Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
12. Black and White by Dani Shapiro

Young Adult/Tween Titles:
1. Rumors by Anna Godbersen
2. Tell Me Who by Jessica Wollman
3. Dangerously Alice by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
4. Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson
5. The Alchemyst by Nicholas Flamel
6. The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt
7. Blue by Joyce Meyer Hostetter
8. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson
9. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
10. What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
11. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
12. Percy Jackson - The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

As I looked through books this morning, there were several I wanted to start immediately, and a few more I have thought of while typing that should have made this list but didn't.
Be lookign for a few more challenges to pop up within the next day. I know of a couple more that I want to join within the next day or two.

No comments: