Saturday, December 12, 2009

Library Loot

I know, I know. I just finished cleaning out a rather large number of library books and returning them. It felt great....and then today I visited the library and found some interesting new things that I couldn't pass up. Luckily most of these aren't due until 2010 so I have a little time- and a two week break for me to try and read as many of them as possible.

The first thing I checked out a few days ago is U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton. I have read every other mystery in this series and feel like Kinsey Milhone is an old friend. When I see a new installment coming out, I am always happy to read it. This is at the top of my stack because I know this one is one that is highly requested at the library.


My other finds are:
Adult
Final Exam: A Murder 101 Mystery by Maggie Barbieri (I like this series quite a bit, too).
The Good Soldiers by David Finkel

Young Adult
Undercover by Beth Kephart (Frenetic Reader had good things to say about Kephart's writing, prompting me to try this one)
Five Minutes More by Darlene Ryan
The Vast Fields of Ordinary by Nick Burd
Purge by Sarah Darer Littman (the author of Confessions of a Closet Catholic, an Iowa Children's Choice Book which I loved)
Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have by Allen Zadoff
Breathing by Cheryl Renee Herbsman

And one non-fiction middle grade book:
The Mysteries of Beethoven's Hair by Russell MArtin and Lydia Nibley

No comments: