Friday, November 20, 2009

Random Friday

I am going to take Lisa's idea from Books, Lists, Life and write my own Random Friday post. Trying to figure out which book to write on seems mentally challenging at this point of the evening. I am still in a blissful state from our high speed/wireless internet hook-up yesterday, anyway. I also got an order from Baker and Taylor yesterday at school which was quite exciting. I am in fear that they will freeze my budget sooner rather than later because of the ten percent cuts all school in Iowa are facing next year, and want to spend my money before I lose it. I know I won't be able to buy some new stuff in the spring, but it is fun to put things in my Amazon cart right now. Today I got to meet with a Baker and Taylor rep for our area and had a great time talking about books and book-ish things. She had listened to the audio version of The Help by Kathryn Stockett and raved about it. The other day I read another fabulous review of the audio version on everything pink, so I am thinking I might enjoy listening to this book this time around.
Tonight my husband took our girls to gymnastics freeing me up to get a run in. It has been a long time since I have been able to get more than six miles in, so tonight I ran ten. It felt great while doing it, but now that I am done I don't feel quite as great.
Tomorrow I work at the public library in the morning. This is actually kind of a nice, peaceful quiet time for me when I can look at some new books, read some blogs, and visit with patrons. I also have a visit to another public library planned, and perhaps some shopping for Christmas.
I am going to read more of The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel and Nancy Garfinkel tonight before bed. This is a good friendship book with a bunch of recipes thrown in. The look of it is almost like a scrapbook more than a novel and with all the recipes thrown in it is a quick read.
What's up for your weekend?

2 comments:

Peaceful Reader said...

While you are at the library I will be working the Christmas Bazaar!! Maybe they won't notice the book in my hand while I greet and direct foot traffic. Congratulations on your new high-speed connection.

Lisa said...

I love Random Friday, it lets me say all the things that aren't *quite* enough for a full post.

10 miles!! I don't think I could run 1.