Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Die For You


I mentioned yesterday I was reading Die For You by Lisa Unger and that I NEEDED to read it because the book was so suspenseful that I could hardly make myself put it down. Once again I had too many other necessities to tend to and ended up falling asleep while reading. Well, my middle daughter got up in the night to use the bathroom and since I was up and my alarm would go off within a half hour I decided to stay up and read. (You know you are hard core when you get up at 3:45 AM to read!). Happily I finished Die For You which was great right til the end.
Isabel Raines is a famous novelist married for five years to her husband Mark. When he leaves for work one morning and doesn't return Isabel calls the police only to be told that sometimes men just leave of their own free will and don't want to be found. Isabel goes to his office and while there a four people come in, claiming they are FBI agents. During their raid of Mark's office the three employees at work are killed and Isabel wakes up with a head injury. This starts a mystery that Isabel cannot leave alone. While law enforcement is involved, Isabel tries to find the truth herself. Who is her husband? Was their entire life a lie? Early in the search it is discovered that Mark Raine went missing in 1999 and that Isabel's husband truly isn't who she thought he was. The mystery goes further as Isabel discovers that her money is gone and the man she thought she knew has taken everything from her. The mystery has many more twists and turns and kept me turning the pages.
I don't always pick up mysteries, but this one is worth it.
Click here to go to Lisa Unger's website.

1 comment:

Peaceful Reader said...

This looks very suspenseful! Is it from the library or your home stash??